Sunday, 27 September 2009

Goooooood week

This week has been very good to me poker wise. I've won about $1k online and £1100 live in the last seven days. As a poker player its sometimes hard to disguish with your game improving and you simply running good for any particular week. I feel like ive folded alot more online, not getting into high variance spots and in general just believing the story my opponents are telling.

I'm beggining to find that online is all about quantity over quality at the lower stakes. You can auto pilot for 5 hours playing 6 tables and make more money than if you were honed into every decision, trying to outwit your opponents and engaging in 3 bet and 4 betting wars. My mentor Jeff sais that I overthink and overwork hands and I would tend to agree.

I played the £75 fo at Luton on Friday night, heading down there with my chief mentor and super sick player Alex Martin. I managed to get my AK in vs AQ fairly early doors to build a 10k stack going into the first break. I managed to play table bully for a while grinding my stack up to 18k ish. Then the following hand happened. I raise in late position to 1200 (blinds 200/400) with 55, btn who is sitting on 6000 chips ships in and SB who happens to be the craziest player at Luton, and a thoroughly nice bloke for that matter over calls. This leaves me with 4800 to call leaving me around 14k behind. Knowing that because of the sb's tendency to push any flop that connects him my implied odds were too great to fold. The flop came down beautifully for me, 5 2 9 r. Sb instantly ships in for 30k and i snap with my set of fives. Avi tables A9 off, practically leaving him dead and btn flips 88, blank blank on turn n river leave me scooping a near 40k pot. I managed to build on tht and go to the final table average in chips. However despite relentless stealing and grinding away at some weak players in the blinds eventually I ran my 1010 into someones K3o for a 70k pot, a King door card sealed my fate and I was left to settle for 4th.

I proceeded to spin the £400 for 4th up to £1200 playing cash on some of the weakest tables ive played at Luton.

I need to put some more hours in online and will hopefully put in a few k 2nite.

I've also decided a need a hobby

No comments:

Post a Comment