Monday, 19 October 2009

Butchering stacks, jobs and profits

Well...I turned down the job. After weighing up the pro's and con's I decided that it would be best for me to give this a shot for a year, so i've decided to re-evaluate things in August, see what direction my pokers heading in and go from there. I would expect to be rolled around $4-6k by this point, grinding $200-600nl and hopefully crushing.

I'm not saying this is where I will be, but its where I want to be. I'm not content with grinding the micros for five years, if it hasnt happened within a year then I dont think it ever will. So until then i'm going to watch as many videos, talk as much poker to friends and develop my game as much as possible. If I were to give myself a % of complete poker player at the moment it would be around 20 in a years time I want to be hitting the 50 mark.

I've been dropping money live lately, like £1k in 2 weeks, i've been butchering stacks at the cash table and have suffered from ill discipline in general, its my own fault. I need to start picking up some reads, I think this is where i'm weakest live. Although I will say is that i find the majority of live players justify making dubious calls based on tells, when really they just love to call and more often than not people just dont seem to have it. I get called at every point now, my image is terrible, so i'm going to have a month off and hit it again at Christmas.

Online has been pretty meh since my last post, lost a load on Sunday and have made a mini recovery today but am still slightly stuck for the weekend. I just tilted off 4 bi's to some total donkey regs on Grandslam. Honestly I would rate myself in the top 5 100nl regs on ipkr, i've seen very little from others that makes me worried about sitting at their table. New computer should be here fucking soon, i'm getting fed up waiting now, will ask Strummer for some more money tommorow as I believe I can 10-12 table extremely profitably when new comp arrives.

1 comment:

  1. you with Bad Beat? Is that any gd as i was offered a deal 18 months ago but turned it down. link swap btw?

    ReplyDelete